External Affairs Associate
Non Profit Organization seeking Administrative person with exceptional office support skills to become a key player within this organization.
This position is responsible for processing all donor contributions through the department software. The incumbent also assists in identifying and obtaining funds through grant opportunities as time permits.
- Assist in management of direct mail program. Work with direct mail vendor on projected yearly plan and mailings. Generate reports as needed.
- Manage and populate fundraising software/database with accurate information on donors and donations.
- Acknowledge all donations with appropriate and timely thank you letters.
- Prepare contributions and reports for Accounting Department.
- Manage PayPal account for Monthly Donors. Maintain accurate Excel spreadsheet in External Affairs folder with monthly updates.
- Assist in segmentation and reports for Major Donor model (i.E., daily report of major donor gifts).
- Assist with reports as needed for projects and in-house reporting.
- Maintain confidentiality of all donors and contributions.
- Research and identify new funding prospects through private and government funding sources, coordinating with Director of External Affairs.
- Generate proposals and other documentation for grant funders, coordinating with Director of External Affairs.
- Assist in collecting data and submitting grant reports as needed.
- Implement and maintain funding calendar, including proposals and reports.
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) with a minimum of 1-2 years in office support environment including data entry, processing, and customer support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to work with a diverse group of people, commitment to this organization and believe and practice their mission
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of the operation of general office equipment: fax, copier, etc.
- Ability to complete work in an accurate, effective, and timely manner
- Ability to interact well with other staff
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible
- Must be 18 years of age and the ability to pass a drug screen
If you review the job description and requirements above and your skills are a match, please click the APPLY ONLINE button below.
Click the appropriate link as either a First Time Applicant or a returning Applicant and follow the prompts. If asked, please select the JACKSON CLERICAL branch.
If you have any questions, please contact our office at 601-353-4200.